Placing A Boy

Some Basic Principles

Westview Boys’ Home has a reputation for excellence in providing a hospitable environment for young men who need a safe place for transformational opportunities. We provide a home for boys ages 12 to 18. For more information about the nature of our boys and our program, see the detailed pages about our program on this site (Our Program).

Westview is licensed by the state of Oklahoma as a “Residential Child Care Facility.” Westview accepts boys who are able to live in family-style care. The decision to be placed is a joint decision between the boy, his legal guardian, and the Westview team. Boys must agree to be at Westview and obey the rules; Westview will not accept a boy who refuses to be placed. A boy must be of school age (cut off age is 17 for intakes) and be able to make it in public school in order to be accepted and remain at Westview. Westview does not have a private school.

Westview does not accept permanent custody of a boy. This remains with the parent, guardian or court. Westview will keep a boy beyond the age of 18 if the boy is doing well and wishes to remain under the rules and guidelines until graduation. After high school, Westview seeks to help young men establish resilient lives for a sustainable future.


The Application Process


To receive an application, you can either call our office at (580) 688-9281, or click here (Application Packet) to download an application for placement. If you have any questions about this application, or the application process to place a boy at Westview, you can email those questions to Terry Owens, our Campus Manager, at

The following items are to be provided before placement:

  • Completed application to include: Medical and Dental information as well as a Social History (both are a part of the application forms packet).
  • Immunization Records (including Boosters)
  • Social Security Card (a copy is acceptable)
  • Psychological Evaluation completed within the past six months (to help determine if Westview may be an appropriate placement).
  • Current School Records
  • Birth Certificate (Copy is acceptable)
  • Legal Custody Papers (a copy of divorce decree, adoption papers, papers giving custody, guardianship, managing conservator, etc.)
  • Court Order and or Probation Conditions (if applicable)
  • Interstate Compact Request, if applicable (may be done at intake).


Westview’s Privacy Policy:

Westview will not share, sell or distribute any information gathered through our application forms.