Home / Boys’ Home / Questions / Questions about our program

FAQ: Our program

How can I place a young man at Westview?

You can request an application by visiting our Place a young man page or by calling our intake counselor at (580) 688-9281.

How long does the application process take?

This varies from case to case, depending on how long it takes to gather the needed information. The usual application process takes about three weeks. It may take longer if a psychological assessment has not been completed within the last six months.

How long do young men stay at Westview?

Young men can stay at Westview until graduation from high school; the shortest length of stay we encourage is one year. Depending on individual needs, some stay until they graduate from high school.

Are all the houses in one central location?

No, our campus is spread throughout Harmon County. To learn more about this go to Our Campus page.

How big are the Houses?

Since each home is designed to care for six to eight boys, they are quite large, yet vary in size.

  • Mitchell House — 5,000 Square Feet
  • Molloy House — 3,500 Square Feet
  • Overstreet House — 4,800 Square Feet
  • Park House — 4,600 Square Feet
  • Saunders House — Just Under 5,000 Square Feet
  • Sweetwater House — 4,800 Square Feet

Do staff members live in the cottages?

Yes, the cottages are their “home” and they are empowered by Westview guidelines to lead it they would their own home.

Do you use corporal punishment?

No. We reinforce positive behavior and allow negative behaviors to result in related consequences. To learn more about this, visit Program page and the related pages.

What kinds of problems do you treat?

Westview has licensed counselors on staff, but it is not a “Treatment Facility.” We commonly work with youth who have problems with school, authority, self-discipline, and other typical problems. We believe in the healing power of a trauma-sensitive, structured family setting accompanied by professional counseling.

Can young men at Westview have money of their own?

Yes. In fact, we encourage them to earn money by working on special projects on our campus. While we do not pay them for doing chores around their house, they can earn money by working to improve things on the campus away from their immediate home. Young men who are old enough and have shown themselves to be responsible may also have a job in town.

Where do residents attend school?

Our students attend school in the Hollis Public School district. To learn more about this, visit our Education page.

Can young men have jobs in town?

Yes, if they are old enough and have earned that level of trust.

Are residents allowed contact with family members and friends?

Yes. However, during the first 30 days of a young man’s stay at Westview that contact is limited to letters. After 30 days, they are allowed to receive phone calls or make collect calls to family members. The number of calls per month may be limited. We do allow visits to occur as well.

Do residents ever get to go home during their stay at Westview?

Yes. At the end of December for the holidays and in early August, most young men are allowed to go home. They may also earn the privilege of going home for some time at Thanksgiving and Spring Break as well.

Does Westview have a dress code?

Yes, but we allow the boys freedom to choose their clothing as well. We give them guidelines. For example, they are not to wear clothing that advertises tobacco or alcohol products but they may choose for themselves clothing allowed within the guidelines. Our young men do not wear uniforms that would identify them as being in residence at Westview.

We want to help.  If you have questions that this site doesn’t answer, either contact us with an e-mail sent to or call (580) 688-9281.